Saturday, December 5, 2009

Evan's first penance





Today we celebrated Evan's first penance at church. He looked so handsome and so much like Dave dressed in his dark pants and pinstripe oxford. Despite the fact that I see him every day, I am sometimes taken by surprise by how much he has grown up and is maturing.

When it was his turn for confession we watched as he sat there for a while. I mean a long while. Probably only a couple of minutes but other kids breezed in and breezed out pretty quick. Dave and I sat watching from the pew, wondering if he was suddenly reluctant to share any of his misgivings with the priest or if he was dishing a whole months worth. We asked him about it on the car ride home and apparently he just got a little nervous. Understandably so. So Evan told us the priest just told him to be really nice to his Mom all day. Sage advice if ever I heard any :)

No comments: