Saturday, December 5, 2009

Celia's wardrobe



I have been abundantly blessed to have friends that have daughters older than mine, good taste and exceeding generousity. My one friend Peggy gave me 5, count 'em, 5 FULL trash bags full of clothes a couple of years ago. I peeked around one bag and then because they were so big and heavy put them right into storage in our basement. Well once we got matched with Celia I brought them up to check everything out. I would say 80% of the clothes (that's 5 larger trash bags full) were for 18 to 24 mos.!!! The remaining 10% were for 12 mos and under and the other 10% were for 2T - 3T. Cha-ching! I felt like I hit the jack pot! The photos above are just clothes given to me by 2 friends! 95% being from one friend!

With a jam packed closet like this (plus drawers that were full too!) I really couldn't justify doing MUCH shopping because I really had more than enough clothes for her. I mean, the girl has over 60 dresses! That being said, one day a couple weeks ago, I was strolling through the gap and I passed the sales rack with these adorable clothes. And wait, these adorable clothes that were on sale were also being marked down an additional 40%. Plus since it was Tuesday and I had a Gap card I could take off another 10%! So you see I really HAD to indulge just a little bit! Plus I had all three of my boys with me and they were being perfect angels and actually letting me shop! So it really wasn't my fault that I came back with the clothes in the photos below. I had to! And I bought the the cute little hats with flowers on them from a friend because she was selling them and I didn't want to hurt her feelings by not buying something from her ;)

3 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

Awwww....look at all her pretty clothes!! Isn't it so much fun shopping for a girl??

CC said...

These clothes are so pretty. I can't wait to see her in them!!

Flamingo said...

holy cow!! that is incredible!! i'm jealous! poor sparkles...she only has 2 pair of jeans that fit...and 3rd pair has a giant whole in the knee. and now we are down to 1 dress that fits.

i need some garbage bag friends:)