Friday, May 1, 2009

Celebrating 9 years of marital bliss!


Wednesday was our 9 year wedding anniversary! 9 years? I can hardly believe it. It really has gone by in a heart beat. Sunday we'll go out and celebrate (read: we are getting a sitter so we can really and slowly enjoy our meal and talk... to each other). Anyway, the photo is of Derek's present for me. He came over so proud and presented it to me with an enthusiastic "Happy Anniversary Mommy"! So sweet! It is a present like only a 3 year old little boy can make :) And actually I read that the traditional gift for a 9th wedding anniversary is "pottery and willow" and darn, if play-dough and and a jaunty green pen sticking out of it don't come as close as you can get to pottery and willow on a 3 year olds budget! The kid is just the best. They all three are. I could eat them up. I ask them if I can and they run screaming!!!

3 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

Congratulations on 9 years! You guys have been busy in those 9 years with 3 boys and one on the way:) I love your play dough and pen present. I agree that it's perfect!

Angie said...

Happy anniversary, friend! Hope your dinner was great!

Lola Granola said...

Thinking of you! I have come to admire your pottery often...hope you have news, or good feelings about anything, to post soon....