
A little robin has built a nest right outside of our kitchen window. It was so perfect it almost looked fake. And it is right there for us to see like our own little biology experiment. One day we were thrilled... and I mean, we were all genuinely thrilled when we saw 4 little blue eggs inside the nest! So far 3 have hatched. They are all cute and pink and fuzzy. And now we are waiting for that last little egg to hatch. And now it feels like I have a kindred spirit in this little robin as we both anxiously await our 4th little one. Her wondering if the giant people behind the glass will ever leave her alone and me wondering if the swine flu will go away and if we'll receive the call. I honestly kept checking on the status of that fourth egg all day long; while trying my best not to freak the Mom out. All day long, I took care of my children, checked Rum*r Queen, checked the nest. *repeat a dozen times* According to RQ today NSN referrals are on their way, which means things are moving again in China, which means we are getting closer!





3 comments:
Cindy, If anyone is deserving of that phone call, it is you. I think of you often and hope that call comes soon!
Lori
YAY! I knew you could get a good shot. Praying and hoping your #4 comes soon......
HOPE......
To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment.
To look forward to with confidence or expectation.
Nothing like hope! (and baby robins...)
Post a Comment