We like to celebrate our New Years Eve at home with our children and friends from the neighborhood. For the past few years we have hosted a party including a New Years Eve countdown and "ball dropping" at 9 PM. We try to make it festive for the kids. We give them top hats and tiaras, multitudes of necklaces and bubbly to drink (sparkling grape juice). This year we had some technical difficulties. Our bubble machine from years past broke and the new one was lame. Plus the lights flickered out once and we had to do it again. Oh well, still a good time for all. I am so thankful for my family and friends and all that we have. My hope for next New Years Eve is that my daughter will be home to ring in the new year with us.
If You Liked: Super-Satisfying HEAs
5 years ago





4 comments:
I love your New Year's celebration ideas. Maybe I'll steal your ideas for next year.
Hey, I didn't have your email address so I'm leaving you this comment. Are you planning on attending the Asian New Year Party on 1/10/09 held by our adoption agency?
Would love to catch up if you were there this year!
Monique
Oh wow!! I want to come...that looks like sooo much fun! That is a lot of kiddos!!
I am so glad to know that I am not as wierd as I thought...I thought of "renacting" the ball drop this year...I didn't realize that others already did this. I think we will next year!!
Oh wow!! I want to come...that looks like sooo much fun! That is a lot of kiddos!!
I am so glad to know that I am not as wierd as I thought...I thought of "renacting" the ball drop this year...I didn't realize that others already did this. I think we will next year!!
I just dropped by your blog and your boys are ADORABLE!!! I am a mom to three little girls so everytime I see a blog with little boys it makes me want to try for number 4!!! Very cute!
Jeannine Whitacre
Post a Comment