I am laughing as I type this. Why? Because the title of this post makes it seem like I am a huge Eagles fan. I mean, sure, I have a lot of civic pride and all. And I am all for the birds going to the Super Bowl and winning. But here is my dirty little secret. I really don't "get" football. Shhhh, don't tell. How embarrassing is that?
After I had my third boy I figured I had better brush up on this topic a little and went out and bought "Get your own damn beer, I'm watching the game" by Holly Robinson Peete. No joke, this is actually a book! I really needed a girl to explain it to me because when Dave does he might as well be explaining it to me in Chinese (which I should be brushing up on that too)! Dave got all indignant with me. "Why are you buying that book? You don't need that. I can teach you football." Uh, no you can't. Sadly, neither could Holly Robinson Peete. So while the guys watched football I went to a great sale at JC Penney's and got these beautiful real silk curtain panels for super cheap! Touch down!!!!!





5 comments:
We were glad to see the eagles won today too.
I'm with you on this one, Cindy! After years of watching alongside my hubby, I finally decided that I would never quite "get it". Although, he is STILL trying hard to explain it to me, while I'm usually content just to eat the munchies that go along with the game:)
A girl after my own heart! At last, some comraderie! Your story was funny. I don't get the whole football thing either! The Cowboys lost so I might as well say go Eagles! ;-)
So my sweet hubby spent the entire weekend watching football while he was "recuperating". He was/is VERY sad his beloved Titans lost on Sat. crushing his hopes of a Titans Super Bowl Party. :-) I'm with you. Don't get it. Won't ever get it. Not going to try. I'd rather go with you to JCPenney's and score some great silk panels.
i actually understand football and actually enjoy it, but never really watch it. i too would rather just go shopping or read a good book!
Post a Comment