Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cory & Me


We had a party to go to but I wasn't feeling so hot so Dave and the boys headed out without me. So what did I do instead? I went to the movies all by myself! I went to see Marley & Me and even though I thought it was just a mediocre movie, I cried and cried and cried. I have my own little Marley. Her name is Cory and she is a Jack Russell Terrier. My grandmother had wanted a JRT for her birthday one year so I got her Cory. We soon found out that the elderly and JRTs don't really go together. After numerous threats by my grandmother "to sell Cory to the gypsies" (My grandmother grew up in Germany and Lithuania and the gypsies had left a big impression her) I took Cory as my own dog. She was 1 1/2 at the time and wild, wild, WILD! We have been together ever since. In fact, on mine and Dave's first date he brought gifts for her! A squeekey toy and some chewy treats. The rest is history. Cory and I have been through a lot. She has been by my side (quite literally) as I got married, as I had children and hopefully as we bring our next child home. When I came home from Marly & Me I had Cory do a photo shoot by one of our Christmas trees. She is 13 1/2 and I think she still looks great!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I can't wait to see that movie! Love all of your holiday pics - Cindy, your boys are so incredibly precious! Ryan's sheepish little grin makes me giggle! You are a blessed Momma...with a houseful of VERY blessed boys! :)
Blessings to you, dear friend! happy january!

Wuxi Mommy said...

Oh my goodness, Cory is adorable!! I would love having that little cutie pie around:) Of course, I'm allergic to anything with hair, but it's still a nice thought!

Flamingo said...

cory is quite the cutie! your grandmother cracks me up with the gypsy thing!

i'm glad to see that i am not the only one STILL reminiscing about Christmas activities