Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ryan starts kindergarten!

Ryan started kindergarten this week! In typical Ryan fashion he breezed in excited yet calm, not a worry in the world. Oh to be able to be Ryan for one day! After only one day he told Evan some story about one of his friends from school. Evan asked what his friends name was and Ryan didn't know. Ryan doesn't really know this kid but he just assumes he's his friend. Ryan likes everyone and assumes they like him. At 39 years of age, I seriously envy his easy going nature.

On this same day, Evan started 2nd grade. Evan is wired more like me. His exterior may be calm but inside the wires are sizzling with nervous apprehension... or so I thought. Turns out he went right to 2nd grade too without much nervousness at all. I was the only one sizzling with apprehension!!! I think I am still emotionally scarred for Evan's first day of kindergarten where they had to remove him from my arm. He didn't want to go. He wasn't happy. He tried to make a break from the class room and then sat quietly crying. Little did he know I was right outside the kindergarten door and I was crying too. In hindsight, I really feel bad for the teacher and aide. As if its not enough that they had to console him, they had to do it with me as well! They were all handing me tissues, saying this is normal. I can just imagine them thinking, "well this is where he gets it from"! LOL! Anyway, it has all gotten much much better since then but I must admit I hold my breath each September.




2 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

I totally understand the nervous Mommy part! I cry on the first day of school every year:) Unfortunately, my Peanut has inherited my nervousness, too. I made sure there was a new box of tissues in the car for the 1st day of school, just in case.

Angie said...

That was always the hard part about teaching K - seeing all the Mom's cry! One year, it was one of my good friends crying about leaving her baby with me. Such a milestone!

Here's to a great year for your boys! happy school days!

By the way...I WAY love the new blog design!