Friday, August 7, 2009

Blogging under the influence

For the record, I am dead sober. Although truth be told, I could use a drink. But I am blogging under the influence of high emotions. Another shared list has come out. A big one of approx 175 children and YET AGAIN our agency has no match for us. I was 36 when we officially began our paper chase. We actually went to an adoption meeting just after I turn 36. Now 40 looms large in the distance and we have yet to find our child.

I haven't been blogging recently because what can I say that isn't totally a bummer? And frankly a bummer post is the least of emotions bubbling at the surface. I feel very very angry. Angry at our agency. Angry at myself for choosing them. Angry because every phone conversation with them feels as futile as nailing jello to the wall. And mostly angry because I feel completely powerless in all this.

This is why I haven't been blogging because adoption-wise I haven't got anything positive to say. But I needed to post something to have just the smallest release of these bad emotions.

4 comments:

Wuxi Mommy said...

I'm sooo sorry. I can't believe you haven't recieved a referral yet!! It's crazy. I just don't understand. I was so sure you were next. I wish I knew something helpful to say, but I'm speechless. Please know you're in our thoughts and prayers!

Mommy said...

Oh my sweet friend. I am soooooo sorry. I know you are frustrated--understandably. I would be as well! It makes ZERO sense. NONE WHATSOEVER! I know nothing I can say will take away the heartache you feel. You know we are continuously praying you find your baby girl.

Lola Granola said...

And I wish I had something useful to say. too. It's just all been said. It's simply crazy that we've gone all the way THROUGH the process and you still sit at the starting gate. I'm so sorry.

Angie said...

Cindy...I'm so sorry, but I am so thankful that our paths have crossed in this crazy wait of adoption. Praying it happens for us both soon! That or I am going to find me a man on the street since I can't get a date and try to have a bio baby! :)