Back in the summer of 2006 when started this journey, we were gathering all of our documents for China. The agency we worked with before sent their dossiers over to China in batches so we got ours done and waited. We anticipated a December 2006 LID so I dutifully joined the December 2006 DTC/LID Yah**! group. It was great! The group even had its own logo :)

Due to a mishap with our agency our dossier was delayed a month. In hindsight it was a sign of things to come. But no biggie, we just joined the January 2007 DTC/LID yah**! group. Look how cute this logo is!

Then long story short, we went to Vietnam. If you have been following international adoptions for the past few years I don't have to tell you what happened there.
After two unfinished adoptions we wondered what to do. Do we dig a little deeper? Do we take a leap of faith? Or do we turn on some B*rry White, crack open a bottle of wine and do things the old fashioned way? ; ) Well, we thought if we really believe our daughter is out there then we will do what we need to do bring her home. So we did. We tried one more time with fingers crossed that the third time would be the charm. We collected all the documents again and got fingerprinted again and sent it all in again and got our third LID. We logged into China's SN program.
It has been quite a ride but deep down I believe that this is the path we needed to go down to bring home our daughter. I have faith that at some point all the stars will align and we will meet our daughter and we will be so thankful for the delays and re-directions that brought us to "our child", the child we were always meant to have. We will tell her all about how we were all journeying toward each other from around the world and the miracle of how we found each other. How we all became a family. Every good love story deserves a happy ending.





3 comments:
3rd time's the charm, right? She's out there...somewhere! Hugs, prayers, and happy thoughts!
Love - Angie
Your story is so much like ours, it's a bit scary! We also finished three dossiers in two years, and continued to believe that somehwere out there was a little angel for us! It was so very long and hard at times to hold on and trust that God would bring her home to us, but oh, how worth the wait it is! I never thought that I would be sitting here watching our Maia sleeping peacefully in the bed beside me, and yet, here she is! I know that God will be faithful to you and bring your precious girl home, too! And somehow, all the waiting will seem like a distant memory!
Gonna happen gonna happen gonna happen.
And--I know you know this but it's always worth saying--
once it does, you won't want anything at all in the past to have been different, because they you wouldn't have her. We all have to rely on the silver lining. I'm having a ton of luck right now, but I do know what that's like!
Post a Comment