Friday, March 9, 2007

Peppermint Pearls Secret Pal!



We have joined a few email groups that let us communicate with people that are adopting from China around the same time we are. It has been wonderful and a great source of comfort, friendship and information. They have so many things that you can participate in i.e. Secret Pal swap, Quilt Square swap, Post Card swap... there is a lot of swapping going on! :) Anyway, today we got our first gift from our Secret Pal. We were late for a b-day perty when we saw it outside. As soon as I saw it I thought, we'll just be late because I have to open it...it's our first gift for our daughter! The theme was nightime comforts. Inside we found (see photo) cute PJs, a CD, a book, a teddy, a candle (for Dave and I) and stickers for the boys. I can honestly say I was as excited for the gifts for our daughter as I was for the stickers for our boys. It really made it so exciting for them and made them feel a part of the adoption process. In turn it makes it that much more special for Dave and I. I am really grateful to our Secret Pal.

We sent our secret pal gift out too this week but I don't want to post what it is in case she reads my blog :)

No comments: