Friday, March 9, 2007

Evan is registered for Kindergarten




This past Thursday I registered Evan for Kindergarten in the fall! The past 5 1/2 years have flown by and I can hardly believe my sweet Evan is starting elementary school. I am so proud of him and so excited for him. Evan is an extremely bright and sensitive little guy and I hope the transition to kindergarten is a smooth and happy one. I took some pix before we left. You can see how happy Derek is about the whole thing. Unfortunately that very same morning Derek had an allergic reaction to some crackers I gave him. All of our boys and Dave are allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. The crackers I gave him had neither of these things. They were however ranch flavored and Evan had some allergies to pepper spices when he was younger and then eventually grew out of. We are guessing that is what Derek reacted too but to be sure we are making an appt with the allergist for him and Ryan for some further testing. Derek's reaction was pretty immediate. Withing minutes of one bite of the cracker he was vomitting and sneezing all over the place. I had to give him benedryl but did not need the epi-pen. It was pretty scarey but over quickly. Unfortunately to add insult to injury the benedryl I gave him threw off his whole sleep pattern. He is still playing catch up. I hope tonight is an easier night for all of our sakes.
The next pix are of Evan and Ryan before we left for Kindergarten registration. The last photo is with our neighbor's (lauren and Andi) and Evan's best friend Lauren. We all drove over and registered Evan and Lauren together. The had a great time! At one point the prinipal walked up to say hello and Ryan yelled "Monkey Poop". The kids were all hysterical...luckily the principal laughed too :) Outside of Derek's allergic reaction, it was a very good and memorable day!

No comments: