Friday, November 17, 2006

Yahoo groups for people adopting

I joined a Yahoo group for people that are adopting from China and are expecting their dossier to go to China (DTC) in Dec. I posted an email about our minor set back and a women from Harrisburg that is using the same agency as us let me know what was going on behind the scenes that led to some mistakes and ultimately having us be delayed a month. At this point I am thinking the details are irrelevant but I am amazed at how quickly this group reached out to me and offered support and information. It is pretty amazing! Our babysitter, Kelly was adopted from Korea by her parents when she was a baby. I love that I can share all of our adoption stuff with her and that she is interested and has personal experience with adoption. She has mention several times how her Mom said that the process is so different now then when they adopted. There is so much more information and so much more of an adoption community. More specifically than just a broad adoption community you can join groups from your agency, groups from the country you are adopting from, groups of when you expect your paperwork to reach the country you are adopting from, etc. Adoption is not only providing us with another child to love, it is providing us with new friends as well!

No comments: