
The boys and I drove to the Pottery Barn outlet in Lancaster on Friday. When we were there Evan spotted this cute little pink blanket with a pig on it and asked if we could get it for "our baby sister". Now I have seen plenty of adorable things for little girls since we have started our adoption process but I had never made a purchase for fear of jinxing anything! I mean look what happened when I boldly decided to join the December 2006 DTC (dossier to China) Yahoo group and just days later discovered we would not be able to be DTC in December! I was becoming superstitious...however when in Rome, do as the Romans...or in this case when in China, do as the Chinese & they are very superstitious! But this was a simple and sweet request from Evan. Evan is such a sweet and thoughtful guy. It melted my heart that he was surrounded by so many things that he would want and he took the time to ask for something for his baby sister first. I say first because he eventually asked for something for himself too but after all I said the kid was sweet and thoughtful not a saint! ;) So this blanket that he wanted to get was pink (and I was thirsty for some pink) but more importantly it had a big pig on it. Based on the timing of our adoption, our daughter will most likely be born in the year of the pig! Now that I am superstitious I took it as a lucky sign and now we have our first gift for our daughter/sister a sweet little pink piggy blanket. I can't wait to see the boys give it to her!





1 comment:
Hi Cindy,
I think the blog is a GREAT idea! It is evident that you, Dave, and the boys feel blessed and very fortunate to be adopting a baby girl from China. Your enthusiasm is quite endearing. That baby girl has got to be the "luckiest little princess in the world" to be adopted by such a loving family. And a family that is demonstrating their love and devotion by such incredible acts. Some day she will read this blog and realize she truly experienced an "adoption from he heart!"
Love,
Dede
Post a Comment