
I picked up an email from the director of our agency while we were away on vacation for spring break. Yes, I can no longer help myself from checking email even when on vacation. I even sent our director an email saying "hey, we are going on vacation so here is all of our contact info incase you want to get in touch with us with a referral" :) Of course, she never responded. And of course, I told myself she was just too busy trying to find ours and other families children to respond. These are the things I have to tell myself to remain moderately sane in this process :)
Anyway back to the email from our agency director. The word on the street is that our agency was "invited to place a large number of little ones from Shanghai Orphanage". As usual, I am cautiously optimistic. I even popped over to the library where we were vacationing and picked up a China travel book so I could read up a bit on Shanghai. Shanghai seems very ooh-la-la :) Actually all of China seems very ooh-la-la to me. I have never been to any asian country and I am asian so I am thrilled with the prospect of going, let alone going to bring home our daughter. But we won't have more details till one of the other directors goes to Shanghai in mid-May. Our director said once they are back from this trip the matching can begin which puts us around the beginning of June for a potential match. So the official word on the street is "soon" ... and as usual "maybe". Fingers crossed XX





3 comments:
OOOH! here's to hoping!
I was also encouraged by the rumor on RQ stating that the job performance of Orphanage Directors would now partly be based on the bnumber of children they place in homes. This could be very good news for us!
I am praying you do not have to wait until June...
Hi - what is your LID? I looked on the bottom of your blog but am confused by your two different tickers...Would love to hear more about your experience. Direct me to your post that explains it...
Kelly from Living Hope Adoption Agency LID 7/23/2007
Post a Comment