Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Calling All Angels



Last friday was an amazing day for many families within our agency. They got "the call". I too got a call from an out of town area code on my cell phone but it was from my friend calling to say "go home now incase you get called too!" I happened to be pulling into my driveway at the time and gunned it down my driveway to my house, ran inside, called my husband to be on high alert and then sat there and stared at the phone. The phone rang twice, each time nearly giving me a heart attack. It wasn't our agency. It was my husband and friend both calling to see if we had been "called". I waited and waited for that call until I had to leave the house to pick my children up from school and reluctantly and grudgingly got into my car realizing that this was not our day. On the short drive to school I heard a song that I had heard many times before but never really listened to the words and when I listened that day I balled my eyes out. It was Calling All Angles by Train. These are the lyrics:


Calling All Angels by Train

I need a sign to let me know you're here
All of these lines are being crossed over the atmosphere
I need to know that things are gonna look up
'Cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled from a cup

When there is no place safe and no safe place to put my head
When you feel the world shake from the words that are said

[Chorus:]
And I'm calling all angels
I'm calling all you angels

I won't give up if you dont give up [Reapeat x4]

I need a sign to let me know you're here
'Cause my TV set just keeps it all from being clear
I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me

By the time I got to school I was a visible mess. I pulled up my Jackie O like sunglasses tight across my face and went in to school feigning a bad day of allergies. Its been nearly three years of trying to adopt. I think most people don't get why we are still trying, let alone crying my eyes out in the middle of the day about it.

But I guess it was a bittersweet afternoon because we did get the sign, referrals have come to our agency two month in a row so things are moving in the right direction. It just wasn't our day. Hoping its soon.

4 comments:

Mommy said...

Hang in there friend. Your big day is coming and we'll all celebrate with you when it does.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
My heart broke for you when I found out you did not get the call. We are rooting for you, and your family. I feel it won't be long.
Blessings,
Tammy Jones

Angie said...

Oh Cindy...my heart hurts with you, dear friend. Praying "the call" comes soon! I know that the pain of this wait will one day melt away...until then, we can pray...and drink heavily! :)
Love - Angie

Lola Granola said...

I was thinking of you, too. It will happen, it will. Like you said, things are moving. They are.

You know, we felt like the only family without a special "Xingfu" baby, because our referral is outside Jianjxi--and now outside Shanghai, too--but oh, it's perfect, she's the perfect kid for us.

Yours will be TOO!